User Review( votes)
I am very excited about this handset it has incredible capabilities and is the first Smartphone with built in thermal imagery. The CAT S60 smartphone has incredible features which include:
- Strengthened die cast frame
- Drop proof to 1.8M, MIL spec 810G
- Super bright display (typical 540 nits), Glorilla Glass 4
- 4.7″ HD capacity multi-touch with auto wet finger and glove support
- Optimised battery performance (3800mAh)
- High quality audio experience (>105db)
- Underwater 13mp back camera with dual flash, 5mp front facing camera
- 4G LTE
- Snapdragon Octa-core Processor
- 32gb ROM, 3GB RAM
- Android Marshmellow
Cat originally announced at MWC 2016 that the Cat S60 will go on sale “later this year” and almost three months after its unveiling, Cat has announced the pricing and release date for the upcoming smartphone. Announced via a blog post on the Clove website, the Cat S60 will cost £599 for a SIM-free handset, and will be available to buy in the UK from mid-June 2016
The Cat S60 has a design that can only be described as robust – it’s extremely rugged and chunky, which is what many of Cat’s customers look for in a mobile phone (building professionals, etc). Cat has yet to release the exact dimensions and weight of the smartphone, but we’ll add these in as soon as we receive them. It’s safe to say that it’s heavier and bulkier than anything else we’ve seen at MWC 2016 at any rate.
However, Cat didn’t design the S60 to be bulky for the sake of it – thanks to its design and strengthened die cast frame, the S60 exceeds military drop tests and can be safely dropped from 1.8m (near ear height) onto concrete, which is ideal for both building professionals and clumsy consumers alike.
The thermal imagery feature really excites me as it is unique and will be the only handset of it’s kind with this type of feature.