User Review( votes)
Samsung has introduced an amazing flagship smartphone last year, Galaxy Note 8, but it’s still popular and most liked variant of the company. The phone was revealed with tons of features which impressed every fan. The price range was also reasonable which became the reason for the phone to get a tag of best-selling in the market. It is still on the list of best smartphones this year.
The Galaxy Note 8 was launched with a premium camera which featured dual 12 MP primary and front 8 MP sensor. The camera quality is amazing but like all other high-end smartphones, it also has faults. It is not necessary that all expensive smartphones don’t have any flaws. Even iPhone X users have also reported a camera not working problem.
Galaxy Note 8 users have shared that they are facing certain camera problems which is difficult to fix. They are experiencing problems like camera app stopping suddenly, or an error while recording. When you face any problem in the phone, the first thing which strikes in mind is that take it to certified Samsung technician. However, this could be expensive and time taking if your phone is not under warranty.
An error pops up on your screen “Warning! Camera error“ or “Server error – Camera is restarted” which will not let you use the camera. These errors are really annoying and you want to get rid of these as soon as possible. Software or hardware bug can be a cause of the camera error.
In this article, we will tell you all the possible methods which can solve the camera issue of Galaxy Note 8. If you have any queries relating to our posts or gadgets, then feel free to contact Gadgetsay Forum. Now, let’s discuss the solution of how to fix Samsung Galaxy Note 8 camera issue.
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Camera Issue
Reset Camera App
I’m sure that you have restarted your phone at least once after the camera error. If that doesn’t work, then this method can. You have to reset the camera app which is already built in by default. It will not remove the existing files and folder from your phone so you don’t have to back up. Here are the steps to reset the camera app.
1. Click on the Menu.
2. Navigate to the Settings section.
3. Click on Apps > Camera.
4. Tap the “Force stop” button.
5. From “Memory” select Empty cache button.
6. Now “Delete data”.
Open Camera App in the Safe mode
Opening the Camera in Safe mode closes all the background app and lets you know if any third party app is affecting the camera. Follow these steps to start camera app in safe mode.
1. Switch off the smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Power key until the phone’s name displays on the screen.
3. Now release the Power key.
4. Press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Now your phone will restart.
6. Safe mode will appear in the bottom left corner.
7. Release the Volume down key.
If the above method didn’t work, then don’t worry, proceed to the next. It could be possible that you have installed a third party app which is affecting the camera application. There are thousands of malicious apps in the Play store which causes some error in the phones. If running the camera app in safe mode accomplished, then you have to uninstall the app which you have downloaded recently.
1. Open the Apps tray.
2. Click on Settings > Apps.
3. Click on the app you want to uninstall.
4. Select the Uninstall option.
5. Click on Uninstall again.
Reset all settings
You have to reset all settings if you have changed the settings of the Galaxy Note 8 after purchasing. ‘Reset all settings’ helps you to change the settings to the default company setting.
1. Open the apps screen.
2. Click on the Settings > Backup and reset.
3. Now select Reset settings.
4. Verify your passcode.
5. Again click on Reset Settings.
If none of the above method work, then the last thing is back up your data and factory reset the device.
1. Switch off your smartphone.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, along with the Power key.
3. Release the keys until you see the Android logo on the screen.
4. Press the Volume down key few times to mark the “wipe data/factory reset.
5. Press the Power button to choose.
6. Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is marked.
7. Press the Power button to choose.
8. Begin the master reset and mark the “Reboot system now”.
9. Restart the phone by pressing the Power key.
So, these were the troubleshooting method of how to fix Samsung Galaxy Note 8 camera issue. Using these methods you can solve the smartphones unresponsive camera, unknown error, or camera failed to start issues. I hope you liked these methods and it will help to solve your camera problems. You can also share it with your friends who are facing the same problem.
Don’t Miss The Old Tutorials