Sending
User Review
4.88 (42 votes)

[Solved] Lenovo A916  

RSS

Lord yLordy
(@lord-ylordy)
10/07/2018 3:40 pm  

I have a dual SIM phone and want to upgrade to a better OS as I have KitKat atm and I can't get some apps to work on it.
Which Android OS would you recommend that is suitable for the phone?

ReplyQuote
Monty Paul
(@mantosh)
Member Admin
10/07/2018 3:55 pm  
Posted by: Lord yLordy

I have a dual SIM phone and want to upgrade to a better OS as I have KitKat atm and I can't get some apps to work on it.
Which Android OS would you recommend that is suitable for the phone?

Can you please mention your phone model?

ReplyQuote
Monty Paul
(@mantosh)
Member Admin
10/07/2018 4:23 pm  

I would recommend you to root your phone and fash the custom rom using this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfmj8dG1Mc

Instructions:
0. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! This ROM doesn't do well with you NVRAM... You will probably need to restore your IMEI, your Serial Number would be lost, your Mac Address etc. So... backup.
1. Download the "Lenovo A850 cm13.rar" file from here (there is also a CM12 version, i haven't try it)
2. Google Apps are not installed so you can download them from the Open Gapps Project (ARM->6.0->Any version) or from the above link.
3. Un-rar the "Lenovo A850 cm13.rar" file. The TWRP recovery that is included is translated in Russian (can't change to English) so replace the "recovery.img" file with this recovery.img that i have cooked (English version).
4. Flash the rom to your phone (there are a lot of videosout there about this)
5. Boot phone and BOOM, CM13/Android 6.0.1!!!!

6. To enable root access or reboot to recovery, open Settings->About->Tap "Build number" many times to unlock Developer Options->go back->Developer Options->Check "Advance reboot" and change "Root access"
7. Keep pressing power button -> reboot -> recovery -> flash Gapps

ReplyQuote
Lord yLordy
(@lord-ylordy)
10/07/2018 4:32 pm  

Ok, thanks,  so I'll take it to a shop and get them to do it cause if anything went wrong during that complicated process I would be lost.

ReplyQuote
Monty Paul
(@mantosh)
Member Admin
10/07/2018 4:34 pm  

You can always take a backup of your whole phone, whenever you feel any issue with your phone then you can revert back the way your phone was, that's the benefit of using such backup process, else you can visit your nearest possible shop for better professional work.

ReplyQuote
Lord yLordy
(@lord-ylordy)
10/07/2018 4:50 pm  

Unless it is very simple I wouldn't touch it, thanks for your responses.

Monty Paul liked
ReplyQuote
Monty Paul
(@mantosh)
Member Admin
10/07/2018 4:52 pm  

YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register