User Review( votes)
[Solved] Lenovo A916
I would recommend you to root your phone and fash the custom rom using this link
0. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! This ROM doesn't do well with you NVRAM... You will probably need to restore your IMEI, your Serial Number would be lost, your Mac Address etc. So... backup.
1. Download the "Lenovo A850 cm13.rar" file from here (there is also a CM12 version, i haven't try it)
2. Google Apps are not installed so you can download them from the Open Gapps Project (ARM->6.0->Any version) or from the above link.
3. Un-rar the "Lenovo A850 cm13.rar" file. The TWRP recovery that is included is translated in Russian (can't change to English) so replace the "recovery.img" file with this recovery.img that i have cooked (English version).
4. Flash the rom to your phone (there are a lot of videosout there about this)
5. Boot phone and BOOM, CM13/Android 6.0.1!!!!
6. To enable root access or reboot to recovery, open Settings->About->Tap "Build number" many times to unlock Developer Options->go back->Developer Options->Check "Advance reboot" and change "Root access"
7. Keep pressing power button -> reboot -> recovery -> flash Gapps