User Review( votes)
We all use Android devices, but we don’t know about this feature called as screen resolution. And most of the users come across this feature when they need to change the screen resolution of their devices. Mostly this feature is useful for changing your normal phone mode to “Tablet” or “Phablet” mode.
This feature requires root to work, but you can also do this without rooting your phone. Since most of the users are worried about device warranty, they don’t want to root their phones. So basically this feature can be applied without rooting, but your device will reboot during the process. Now this can be irritating because whenever you need to change the screen resolution, your device will reboot and it will take much time for the rebooting process.
In this tutorial, I am going to share a trick and by using this, you can change your screen resolution to Tablet or Phablet mode, without rebooting your device. And, even you don’t need to root your device for this trick. In order to do this, all you need to do is add one command.
Follow the steps below carefully.
1. This procedure involves USB debugging option, and you need to enable it. You can do that by going to settings and tapping “build number” option several times. To enable developer option, open Settings -> About Phone -> Build Number (Tap on build number 10 times and your developer options will be added).
2. Now go to developer option and scroll down till you see an option called “USB Debugging” click on it to enable.
3. To add a command, you need to install android ADB package and required drivers. Open the links below to get them.
4. After downloading and installing the required drivers, Connect your phone to your computer, and you’ll see a pop-up message on your phone, just click ok.
5. After you successfully connect your device to your computer, then you will see a command prompt window. All you need to do is just execute this command below.
Command: adb shell wm density “DPI value” && adb reboot
Now what you need to do is, just replace “DPI Value” to the resolution value that you want to set on your device. In this case, I have changed the value to 560, as you can see in the image. You can set the value according to the screen resolution, which you want. And after you enter the DPI value, your screen’s resolution will be set depending upon the value you entered.
Share this article, if you’ve liked it.