Smart Home Devices: Most you have a habit of spending more time in messaging apps. So, there must be some method which can help to control your phone or smart device using text messages. It is easier for iPhone user to manage their device with text messages. Apple allows their users to send and receive messages from Mac using iMessage. If an iPhone user is working on PC, then they can instantly open iMessage and send a prompt text message to anyone. It is as easy as receiving a phone call.
Now, this method is also possible for Android users. They can use a third-party tool to manage devices using text messages. It might work with some of your devices. Although, it is the easiest method to control your device using messages. It doesn’t matter in which place you are you can use this method from anywhere.
The full form of IFTTT is “If this, then that”. It is an extraordinary smart tool for automating an order of third-party apps, assistance, and Internet-linked gadget. This app can automatically control lots of gadgets like televisions or even refrigerator. We have to set an applet using IFTTT. This method works for any smart home gadgets which operate with IFTTT.
1. Open the IFTTT website and tap on “My Applets” at the upper-right edge of the screen.
2. Click on “New Applet”.
3. Select “This” which appear in blue.
4. Write “SMS” in the find box or search in the list of stocks and assistance.
5. Select the “Send IFTTT an SMS tagged”.
6. Write on the hashtag which you want to send a text message. For example, type the message like “on” to switch the gadget on. Then, post it to IFTTT in a text message. After this, tap on “Create Trigger”.
7. Click on “That” which appears in blue.
8. Search the smart home gadget you need to manage. Then click on “Start Activity”.
9. Click on the ‘create action‘ from the drop-down menu.
10. Here, change name your applet. Now, you will notice a phone number which you will send the text message.
11. Swipe, if you want to receive notification after sending messages.
12. Click on “Finish” button to end and build the applet.
That’s it! Now, you are ready to use the applet. You can switch on or off the applet anytime you want just swipe the central green button. Using the same method, you can easily connect to any one smart home product. The voice control feature of Alexa or Google Assistant is also a good method, but if you don’t want to use voice control, then use this method. You can use it to on/off the television if you don’t have remote with you. So, what for you are waiting for, visit IFTTT website now.