Screen Overlay Detected: With the launch of Android Marshmallow, Google has introduced new features in a smartphone. Some of the errors are just nuisance we can’t even recognize the root of those errors. One of those errors is “screen overlay detected” which doesn’t allow various apps to start, which is sometimes irritating for the users. Luckily, you can fix the error easily only if you know the cause of it. In Marshmallow there is a feature which allows apps to “draw” above other apps.
With this feature, Facebook Messenger uses chat heads to stay in the background of other active apps. So, Facebook is an app using the “Draw over other apps” feature. Some apps ask for permission before activating this feature. The Android doesn’t allow any app to automatically turn on the overlay feature you will notice the “Screen Overlay Detected” on your screen.
When some of the apps ask to enable the overlay setting, you have to visit “Settings” and “Draw over other apps” menu will appear automatically. Then, you have to swipe the green button. This is a time-consuming activity but now, it is easier to solve the Error on Android devices. There are different ways in Android Oreo, Marshmallow or Nougat, Samsung phones, and LG phones to solve this problem.
How to Solve the Screen Overlay Detected Error on Android Phones
On Android Oreo
This method is for all Android Oreo Users. So, if you have updated the latest OS you must have noticed the new design of the settings.The Draw Over Other Apps feature is also different at the latest OS.
1. Open the ‘notification screen’ and click on the ‘Settings menu’.
2. Now, Select the ‘Apps & Notifications’ option, and click the ‘Advanced’ button.
3. In the additional option, find and click the ‘Special App Access’ option.
4. Here, click the ‘Display Over Other Apps’ option.
On Android Marshmallow or Nougat
1. Open the ‘notification screen’ twice and open the ‘Settings menu’.
2. Now, open ‘Apps,’ and then select the ‘gear icon’ at top right corner.
3. Find and click on the ‘Special Access’ option and then, click on ‘Draw over other apps’ menu.
4. You can easily enable or disable the apps from there.
On Samsung Phones
1. Open the ‘notification screen’ from above the screen, click on the ‘Settings’, and then ‘Applications’ option.
2. Select the ‘Application manager’ link and ‘More’ button in the top right corner.
3. Now, choose the ‘Apps that can appear on top’ option. You also have the option to select the apps by simply swiping the button beside each app.
On LG Phones
1. Open ‘notification shade’ from the top of your screen and select the ‘Settings option’. Now, click on the ‘Apps’ menu.
2. Select the ‘three-dot overflow button’, and select the “Configure apps” option.
3. Click on the “Draw over other apps” option.
So, these were the methods to Solve the “Screen Overlay Detected” Error on Android. If you don’t know the exact root of the error, then you can use these methods to prevent it. Being an Android user, I know the feeling when the error pops out on the screen, and we have no other way than following the long process. After following the method, you can share the experience with your friends also so that they can also experience the same happiness.