The List of Top 10 Free/Paid Antivirus Every Android Users Must Use, the rating based on its users experience also its based on the features and durability of the applications, some application doesn’t support for personal data storage on SD card and some have huge usage on Battery life.
- Top 10 Free/Paid Antivirus Every Android Users Must Use
- 1. AhnLab V3 Mobile Security
- 2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- 3. Lookout Security & Antivirus
- 4. AVG Mobile AntiVirus
- 5. Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus
- 6. 360 Security
- 7. Avira Antivirus Security
- 8. Kaspersky Internet Security
- 9. Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus
- 10. McAfee Security & Power Booster (Intel Security)
Top 10 Free/Paid Antivirus Every Android Users Must Use
1. AhnLab V3 Mobile Security
The first thing we should consider that is any antivirus should not take much space and must be lightweight, AhnLab V3 Mobile Security has the maximum number of features that will help you to
The first thing we should consider that is any antivirus should not take much space and must be lightweight, AhnLab V3 Mobile Security has the maximum number of features that will help you to tighten your Android Internal Security.
AhnLab V3 Mobile Security can halt the application which can steal your logins credentials from your Android device, this Antivirus will block malware that leaks users information to the 3rd party and cause illegal payment transactions, it helps in Anti-malware, Anti-Theft, Privacy Protection using user-friendly UI.
Pros: It will protect users from Phishing sites, malware sites. It has 99.9 malware detection speed. The app doesn’t slow down the device during normal usage, not even impact on battery life, Remote Lock.
Cons: It’s unable to detect malware on phone message or emails from unwanted content, Child activity observing features unable, cannot save personal data to SD card or cloud storage.
We give it 4.4 Star out of 5
2. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Malwarebytes has its own name in many big tech industries, the company itself a security researcher, this Anti-malware also developed for Android users, it runs on phone, phablet, tablet, and protect users from an infected app and unauthorised surveillance on your device.
It has many features, as usual, detecting and eliminating the malware codes, it also eliminates spyware applications and deletes trojans files, it alert users if there is a malware in the website, it also detects malware website in an incoming text mobile default message as SMS.
Important features are:
1. It will detect and inform you which applications are tracking your location everytime.
2. Scans process is not so fast but reliable scan and detects each undetectable malware also.
3. Each time you download any file, it helps you in detecting any malware hidden in the file or not.
Cons: Users Comments:
1. Detecting Malware but not deleting it
2. Sometimes lag on Some Devices (Check if compatible with your Android Version)
3. Free version having limited feature.
We give it 4.8 Star out of 5
3. Lookout Security & Antivirus
Lookout antivirus security company claims that it has more than 80 millions users and what’s more best we found is popular Tech websites such as TechCrunch, Laptop Magazine and PCWorld has given good reviews on this application but we should go with users experience.
Lockout Security & Antivirus Features:
1. Get an email with a photo and location of someone who mess with your device.
2. Blocks malware sites, warning alert while visiting any malware or dangerous URL.
3. Privacy Advisor: See what personal information can be accessed by your apps
4. Lock & Wipe: Remotely lock your device, post a custom message and erase your data
5. Photo & Call History Backup: Automatically backup your photos and call history and access them anytime at Lookout.com.
We give it 4.4 Star out of 5
Also Check: 5 Reasons Why iOS Is Better Compared to Android
4. AVG Mobile AntiVirus
AVG Antivirus 2016 is basically Free and upgraded in Google Play Store. With AVG AntiVirus FREE 2016 for Android phones and tablets you’ll receive effectively, easy-to-use virus and malware protection, as well as a phone locator, task killer, app lock, call blocker and picture vault to help shield you from threats to your privacy and online identity.
Features Available In AVS Antivirus 2016:
1. Scan apps, games, settings and files in real-time
2. Enable locating your lost phone via Google Maps™
3. Kill tasks that slow down your device
4. Monitor & Optimize battery, storage and data package usage
5. Lock sensitive apps
6. Hide your most private photos in an encrypted Vault
AVS Antivirus some pros and cons!
It has 89.0% of Detection of malware in real time testing on Android phone, The app doesn’t impact on battery life, not even slow down the device performance, It also has the Anti-Theft feature as Remote-lock, wipe, locate your device when it is lost. User can block calls from specific number of unknown numbers.
It can’t enycrypt the internet connection using as VPN neither the SD-Card. Parental Control: Features to control or observe the activity of children on the device.
What are the other key-features:
Task Killer, Battery Saver, Storage Usage, Data Plan, App Lock, App Backup.
We give it 4.8 Star out of 5
5. Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus
It has 97.8% of malware detection rate, in the last 4 week it has detected around 3757 android malware in which the rate was 99.9%.
The basic features On Avast Mobile Security: it will scan your overall Android system to secure against the infected files, phishing, malware, spyware and malicious viruses such as trojans. Previsouly this antivirus was not free, now it’s free having the premium features.
1. It will help you on Wi-Fi protections, if there is any vulnerability this Antivirus will block those backdoor loopholes.
2. It will scan the viruses as well as will scan the files for any malware, trojan remover, app permissions, app locaking, call blocker.
3. Protections against infected files, websites, trojans, applications, system vulnerabilities, bad URLs and WiFi protections.
Some of the big companies have already commented for Avast Mobile Security such as: AndroidAuthority. DigitalTrends.com and PCmag.com.
1. It does not impact on the battery life on your Android device
2. The antivirus does not slow down your device, means it does not impact on device performance.
3. The app doesn’t not generate too much traffic
4. Block malicious sites
1. It can’t filter unwanted content on any emails, not even control messages.
2. Parental Control: Features to control or observe the activity of children on the device.
3. Backup: Personal data can be saved to SD-card or cloud storage.
4. Encryption: Any kind of encryption is supported (e.g. device encryption, SD-card encryption or VPN).
We give it 4.4 Star out of 5
6. 360 Security
One of the popular Antivirus on Android system is 360 Security, already 200 million users installed this antivirus and some gave better feedback and some didn’t got support from the user, there are some device compatibility.
You have to check whether this antivirus working or not perfectly on your system, 360 Security has shared their app features in Google Play Store.
1. It’s the Strongest Booster-Is your phone running crazily slow? Let 360 Security’s renowned boost engine take care of it!
2. It’s the Most Effective Cleaner-Lacking space for new photos or new apps ? Just clean application caches and junk files with one click!
3. It’s a Smart Battery Saver- Battery draining fast? Adjust your draining settings and disable unnecessary apps that drain your battery!
4. It’s the Best Security App -Worried about viruses or phishing? Don’t be! 360 Security’s top antivirus solution makes sure your device is free from malware, vulnerabilities, adware and Trojans!
Key features of 360 Security Antivirus are:
Overall Security & Virus protection, Cleaning of Junkn Files, Memory Booster, Power Saving Mode Available, Anti-Theft Features, System Privacy Available and Real Time Protection!
We give it 4.1 Star out of 5
Also Check: Top 5 Best Open Source Apps For Android
7. Avira Antivirus Security
Avira Mobile Antivirus is one of the reputed and famous antivirus, since the launch of the smartphone version of its Antivirus security application users are interested in this application because of its reputation on International market.
CNET Editor’s also reviewed the application as the first use: “There are many applications available online that claim to protect a device, but few of them excel like Avira Antivirus Security.. This app is hightly recommended for the security-conscious“
Avira Protect its users from Basic Features:
Creates shield on your device, finds lost phone, locates its position, protect your private data such as photos, SMS, etc, monitors each app for protecting from credentials stealing methods, block unauthorised application access on your device to install, optimised battrey life.
There are many other features available in this Avira antivirus!
1. “Swiss Army Knife” of security and optimization tools!
2. Loaded with features!
3. Easy to use!
4. Malware Detection positivity 98.7
1. False-positive vulnerability reports on Samsung devices, still.
2. Cannot save personal data to SD-Card or cloud server.
3. Opinion: boost benefits are temporary…
We give it 4.3 Star out of 5
8. Kaspersky Internet Security
Kaspersky also servers for PC as Antivirus Internet Security, Malware Security and Kaspersky Total Internet Security, For Android device Kaspersky is totally free to download, have some In-App-Purchase, it helps to protect your smartphone from malware, against dangerous mobile threats, virus, spyware, trojans etc.
Common Features as:
Scanning and detecting the malware contained files.
Removing those malware infected files from your device.
It protects your mobile from security threat such as personal data theft.
Monitoring the data usage.
Block sites having malware codes
Lost phone tracking features
Kaspersky Key Features:
1. Antivirus protection
2. Find my lost phone
3. Personal data protection
4. Unwanted calls and SMS blocking
5. Blocking dangerous sites and links
6. No ads, Battery economy
Malware detection probability is 99.9%
Doesnt impact on Battery life
Call Blocker, SMS filter and blocking links on emails
No feature to control or observe the activity of children on the device.
Personal data can not be saved to SD-card or cloud storage.
No encryption is supported (e.g. device encryption, SD-card encryption or VPN).
We give it 4.8 Star out of 5
9. Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus
The Android version of Bitdefender Mobile Security Antivirus is much more attractive, as per the users review the UI of the application is similar to the desktop version, even some of the review suggested to fix the bug on Android 6.0, if you are on Android 6.0 then you should have a try if it did not work then you can move with other Antivirus available.
According to AV-Test, an Independent IT-Security Institute, Bitdefender Mobile Security is the best android security product of 2015, and so on the developments are continue on 2016 also.
It has advanced cyber security app which provides absolute protections against internet threats and data snoopers.
This application is paid one but suggestions from our side is, you should purchase if you really worried about your device privacy more than anyone! It will allow you to use in trial basis of 14 days and then after that you have to pay $1.49 per month to continue getting the application security service.
It has multiple security services: Malware Scanner which in 100% detectable rate, constant privacy advisor on personal information, Real-time protection on web browsing in Chrome or Android default browsers, Anti-theft protection, Lockup feature on applications you want to lock!
Bitdefender also works with your smartwatch connections, if you have a smartphone then Bitdefender has a feature that will allow you to navigate things and control from directly your Smartwatch.
We give it 4.7 Star out of 5
10. McAfee Security & Power Booster (Intel Security)
A brand company Intel who manufacture chipset and processors also worked with McAfee Internet Security Antivirus, the most demanded and award winning mobile antivirus, it works accurately on finding the device, app privacy protection, real-time Antivirus protection everyday/weekly database update via internet, Performance Optimisation, much more from Intel Security.
Free Features Available:
Anti-theft Security: Pair your Android with your smartwatch, capture photo of any person holding your lost phone with device location, S.O.S feature to locate your last device location. Device lock, remotely wipe-out data, remotely manage your mobile security from the web portal as https://www.mcafeemobilesecurity.com
Privacy: Multi-User app profile, App Protections and App lock, call and SMS blocker.
Device Performance Impact or Speed: Regular update on application with virus database, Battery Optimizer, Memory Cleaner, Storage Cleanup and track Data Usage.
Total Antivirus & Web Protection: Scan malicious codes and malware from SMS, Links, SD card or internal storage files, Safe web surfing with Wi-Fi protection available to fix the vulnerability.
It has much more features the above have.
Constant Ads on Free Application
We give it 4.9 Star out of 5
The list of Top 10 Free/Paid Antivirus Every Android Users Must Use, all this anti-virus mobile application are listed based on their work, each application has their own features, it also included paid and non-paid applications, Android Antivirus are basically free but some of them don’t have that cool features of paid version antivirus application.
Use the below comment box if you have any question regarding this or just want to comment on this!