Free WiFi Connection: Most of the PC user use a free WiFi connection. Free WiFi is also available outside our home in some Wi-Fi hotspot. When people use these free connection, their minds are vacant about the dangerous information which can be hidden from them. They don’t know that they can lose funds present in their bank’s account using this free WiFi connection.
There is free WiFi hotspot available in many places, and most of us excitedly use those networks. These networks can hack our devices and steal personal data. So, read this article and stop becoming the victim of free WiFi. The following tips will help you to save your data and account information.
- 1 10 Tips To Stay Protected While Using Free WiFi Connection
- 1.1 1. Using Free WiFi Don’t Make Any Online Transactions:
- 1.2 2.While Using Free WiFi Make Sure To Turn Off When Not Needed
- 1.3 3. Stay Anonymous While Using Free Public WiFi
- 1.4 4. Free WiFi connection can hack your identity
- 1.5 5. Before making connection with Free WiFi Ask The Owner First
- 1.6 6. Use Antivirus from being robbed by intruder
- 1.7 7. Before connecting Free WiFi Make sure to go through secret code
- 1.8 8. Don’t type any credentials data on device
- 1.9 9. Make sure to check the URL, it might be Suspicious for Free Public WiFi
- 1.10 10. Using Free Public WiFi Then Disable File Sharing And AirDrop Options
10 Tips To Stay Protected While Using Free WiFi Connection
1. Using Free WiFi Don’t Make Any Online Transactions:
You should not use mobile traffic to make online purchases or Internet banking. While purchasing an item, you are required to give the bank details, on that period an anonymous person can identify and steals data from your device. Your bank account information can also obtain by them. You should always be alert while using internet banking.
2.While Using Free WiFi Make Sure To Turn Off When Not Needed
If you turn off the WiFi, there are many problems that you can solve which will save your battery drainage, you will not get connected automatically to false network, and also not get in touch with irritating emails. You can get additional protection by adding extension named DoNotTrackMe to your browser. Using this app, nobody can track your movement.
3. Stay Anonymous While Using Free Public WiFi
Virtual Private Network helps you to stay undetected while you are online. When you are online, no one can identify your VPN IP address. These connections can slow down your network because they are paid.
4. Free WiFi connection can hack your identity
The WiFi which we use requires a secret code which cannot be seen by anyone. The fake Wi-Fi connection of the same identity can hack your connection. After hacking your connection, they can steal your data and can misuse with your bank account details.
5. Before making connection with Free WiFi Ask The Owner First
In the previous point, we have discussed how the hackers obtain the connection using a similar name. The only variation is that an actual hotspot requires payment or password, and the fake connection is free to use. If you want to use a free WiFi connection, then ask the details from that connection’s owner.
6. Use Antivirus from being robbed by intruder
Using advanced antivirus is better for your device. You should update your antivirus regularly. The high-security antivirus always informs you for the fake networks which will help you to stay protected while using a free WiFi connection.
7. Before connecting Free WiFi Make sure to go through secret code
The best way to keep your data safe is to get a safe WiFi connection, where you will get a secret code through a text message. In this way, you will be safe from the free network and hackers.
8. Don’t type any credentials data on device
You should not write the password on your device. This negligence of the users made it easy for the hackers to get the data. If you want to store it on your device, use a password manager that encrypts data into it.
9. Make sure to check the URL, it might be Suspicious for Free Public WiFi
You can verify the connection by recognizing its URL. You should use https:// instead of http://. The Google is safe to transfer the data.
10. Using Free Public WiFi Then Disable File Sharing And AirDrop Options
If you are a Windows or Mac users, then you can disable the File sharing and AirDrop options while using the public network.
So, these were the 10 Tips which will help you to stay protected while using public WiFi networks. I hope, these tips will help you to be safe, next time when you connect a network in your device.