There are three types of hacker’s white hat hackers, black hat hackers and grey hat hackers. These hackers do the same thing hacking but in the different fields and for different purpose. White hat hackers work for the companies, FBI’s, CID’s etc. They keep the data safe from the other hackers by doing hard labor. In support of they are paid satisfactory amount for their work.
The black hat hackers are having wicked plans for hacking other computers. They illegally break the communication network for the information it means they steal the information and sell for the money.
Grey hat hackers are the combination of both hackers. These hackers do this for their fun they are neither good nor bad. But then also they linked with black hackers.
The black and grey hat hackers are known as “real hackers”. These peoples use very high technology so that they can never be mapped out. According to the blog and reports it is proved that the real professional hackers use Linux operating system.
Linux operating system accepts any kind of formation changes and also accepts any new software easily. The hackers not only use Linux but also use cheap burner laptop purchased on crag lists. These types of laptops have special type USB and SD cards which make the laptops disappear, damage if it has been traced.
Do You Know Which Operating System And Softwares Professional Hackers Use?
Some of the Linux operating system used for hacking is given as follows:
1) Kali Linux: it is being financed by Offensive Security Ltd. Linux supply for digital forensics and penetration testing. Kali Linux operating system often used by the hackers. This is a project reserved for compatibility and porting to exact Android devices, called Kali Linux NetHunter. Mati Aharoni and Devon Kearns industrialised by rewriting of BackTrack. BeagleBone Black, HP Chromebook, CubieBoard 2, CuBox, CuBox-i, Raspberry Pi, EfikaMX, Odroid U2, Odroid XU, Odroid XU3, Samsung Chromebook, Utilite Pro, Galaxy Note 10.1 and SS808 these are the platforms presented by Kali Linux.
2) Back Box: this operating system backbox consist of complete set of tool require for hacking.
3) Parrot Security OS: Parrot Security OS is established by Debian’s stable branch (jessie). It is a GNU/LINUX distribution. It gives best diffusion and security testing experience. It is planned for Pentesting, Computer Forensic, Reverse engineering, Hacking, Cloud pentesting, privacy/anonymity and cryptography.
4) Live Hacking OS: this is also a pack of tools for hacking. It consists of the (GUI) GNOME inbuilt. It requires few hardware and very easy to operate.
5) DEFT Linux: The full form of DEFT is Digital Evidence and Forensic Toolkit. DEFT Linux is based on the Ubuntu operating system. This software is used by the hackers, IT auditors, investigators, military, and police.
6) Samurai Web Testing Framework: The Samurai Web Testing Framework operates a web pen-testing environment. The CD consists of tools which concentrate on testing and damaging websites. It consists of all four stages of a web pen-test.
7) Network Security Toolkit (NST): The Network Security Toolkit (NST) is based on Linux, Live DVD/USB Flash Drive. It provides open source computer security and networking tools. It is used for regular security, networking diagnostic and monitoring responsibilities.
8) NodeZero: Node Zero is based on Linux kernel. It is obtained from Ubuntu. Distro (dual-arch Live DVD ISO image) is downloaded only in computers which supports 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x86_64).
9) Pentoo:– Pentoo is for penetration experiment and security consideration. It is a Live USB and Live CD. It is supported by Gentoo Linux. The Pentoo kernel consists of GPGPU cracking software, grsecurity and PAX hardening and extra patches.
10) GnackTrack: It is a task of combining penetration testing tools and the Linux Gnome desktop. Penetration testing, the features includes Metasploit, armitage, wa3f and others awesome tools.
11) Blackbuntu: BlackBuntu is supported by Ubuntu, GNU/Linux. It is designed for security distribution of penetration testing and cyber forensic investigations. The testing is based on GNOME Desktop Environment. It is used in Ubuntu 10.10 on BackTrack situation.
12) Knoppix STD: it is a group of hundred and thousands of open source security tools. It operates from a bootable CD, without disturbing the operating system of the server. It is not perfect for Linux but superior for novice and professional security personnel. If you know the basics of the Linux most of your works can be done by command line.
13) Weakerth4n: It is developed by Debian Squeeze. It uses Flux box for the desktop surrounding. It consists of many Wireless tools hence it is ideal for WI-Fi hacking. The tools of Weakerth4n consists of Wifi attacks, SQL Hacking, Cisco Operation, Password Cracking, Web Hacking, Bluetooth, VoIP Hacking, Social Engineering, Information Assembling, Android Hacking, Networking and creating Shells.
14) Cyborg Hawk: according to hackers, this is the most awesome operating system ever made. The tools of Cyborg Hawk are specially made for pro Ethical Hackers and Cyber Security Experts. The tools of Cyborg Hawk are more advanced than kali. It consists of 700 tools for mobile safety and malware testing.
From the above details we come to a conclusion that, because of the power and flexibility of Linux the hackers choose this operating system.